[CentOS] https and self signed

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jun 15 13:47:56 UTC 2016

I followed the instructions here https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Https

Checking port 80 I get the file...
curl http://localhost/file.html
<HTML>
<FORM>
Working
</FORM>
</HTML>

Checking port 443 I get and error
curl https://localhost/file.html

curl: (60) Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the
user.
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
 of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
 bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
 using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
 the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
 problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
 not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
 the -k (or --insecure) option.

How do I get past this? I was looking to just self sign for https.

Yes I can added the --insecure for curl - but - my other app doesn't
seem to work either - perhaps getting the same return message instead of
the actual file.

Thanks,

jerry