[CentOS] https and self signed

Always Learning centos at u68.u22.net
Sat Jun 18 17:40:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-06-18 at 08:20 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Sat, June 18, 2016 7:52 am, Always Learning wrote:

> > Your connection is not secure
> >
> > The owner of harte-lyne.ca has configured their website improperly. To
> > protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to
> > this website.

> You too huh?

No !

I get the similar 'Firefox version dependent' message when a new machine
logs-on to a secure web site, on a non-standard port with Internet
access restricted to designated individual IPs.

Instead of paying money for a "proper" certificate to access sensitive
restricted applications on the Internet, I make the certificates - that
is the beauty of being non-Wondoze and using Centos. ;-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.