[CentOS] AAC in .m4a command line tagging ???

Alice Wonder

alice at domblogger.net
Sun Jun 19 10:11:37 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Software patents suck but but unfortunately for speech, MP3 (also still
patented until end of next year) also sucks - for html5 audio served to
iPhones where Safari doesn't support Ogg Opus and where bandwidth may be
limited, AAC is a very attractive option.

I have an AAC encoding solution for Linux but I don't have a way to tag
them.

Anyone know of Linux command-line tagger for .m4a files that produces
tags that will work in iTunes? Preferably one that allows addition of
album art as well as text tags. Something like eyeD3 (python script)
would be great.

Has to be command line so it can be automated on a server that does the
transcoding.

Thanks for suggestions.