[CentOS] KVM HA

Tom Robinson

tom.robinson at motec.com.au
Wed Jun 22 05:01:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have two KVM hosts (CentOS 7) and would like them to operate as High Availability servers,
automatically migrating guests when one of the hosts goes down.

My question is: Is this even possible? All the documentation for HA that I've found appears to not
do this. Am I missing something?

My configuration so fare includes:

 * SAN Storage Volumes for raw device mappings for guest vms (single volume per guest).
 * multipathing of iSCSI and Infiniband paths to raw devices
 * live migration of guests works
 * a cluster configuration (pcs, corosync, pacemaker)

Currently when I migrate a guest, I can all too easily start it up on both hosts! There must be some
way to fence these off but I'm just not sure how to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom

--