[CentOS] KVM HA

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Jun 22 17:38:01 UTC 2016

On 6/21/2016 10:01 PM, Tom Robinson wrote:
> Currently when I migrate a guest, I can all too easily start it up on both hosts! There must be some
> way to fence these off but I'm just not sure how to do this.

in addition to power fencing as described by others, you can also fence
at the ethernet switch layer, where you disable the switch port(s) that
the dead host is on.  this of course requires managed switches that your
cluster management software can talk to.   if you're using dedicated
networking for ISCSI (often done for high performance), you can just
disable that port.