[CentOS] Use USB2.0 Camera with KVM based VM

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:20:31 UTC 2016

Hey All,

I've been googleing this issue for hours but I can't find a workable
solution.  I found a reply to a bug posting that said the USB hub on the
VM defaults to USB 1.1.  I see this is true when I lsusb on the CentOS 7
guest.

The reply to the bug post went on to say that the problem is that the
USB 2.0 camera will not work with the USB 1.1 default hub and that I
should change the hub from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0.

I see no way to do that.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Is there a way to change the USB
hub from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 inside the VM Manager?

Is there a better way to get my USB 2.0 web camera to appear in my
CentOS 7 guest?

--
    _
   °v°