[CentOS] .NET on Centos.

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Tue Jun 28 22:00:22 UTC 2016

On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:03 PM, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:

> ...but the F# project (--lang f#) chokes due to a version incompatibility.  This should shake out soon.

I’ve since learned that the problem is already fixed in the code, it is just working its way out to a released version at the moment.

> Beware that .NET Core is not the same thing as .NET.

Since my previous post, I stumbled across this well-written “what it is/is not” type of document from the core project:

  https://github.com/dotnet/core-docs/blob/master/docs/core/index.md

Well worth a read if you are at all curious about why you’d care about .NET on CentOS, or why we need a second implementation.

> As for stability, it’s still pre-1.0.

...on CentOS, I mean.  I’ve just seen the news that 1.0.0 final binaries are shipping on other platforms.

But by that very token, why are you asking about stability and security so early?  1.0.0 of *anything* is rarely rock-solid, and you can’t say the first version of *anything* is secure until it’s been proven over time to be so.

Give it time.