[CentOS] OT: hardware, MegaRAID SAS 2008 (falcon) [SOLVED]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Jun 30 21:38:58 UTC 2016

Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Thu, June 30, 2016 2:59 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I've been googling, and haven't yet found the answer: does anyone here
>> know if a MegaRAID SAS 2008 (falcon) (rev 03) can handle drives bigger
>> than 2TB?
>
> One way to find out is to plug 4TB drive and take a look. Another is to
> ask one who has the same controller to do the same for you. I am going to
> play with similar on one of my machine, but it sounds like my controller
> is different: in my case lspci gives me:
<snip>
Yeah, I know. Thanks - unfortunately, their hot-swap drive bays are full.
However, after I posted it, it finally percolated through my brain that
they were still under warranty (5 yrs is what we buy), so I just called
Dell, and am told they'll do 4TBs. Now, that, I assume, means they'll take
larger, but he's researching it for me to be sure.

     mark