[CentOS] compiling with lsocks support on centos 6?

Fri Jun 10 17:46:29 UTC 2016
Jason Welsh <jason.welsh at mercurygate.com>

im trying to compile lftp with socks support and im getting the following..

checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
checking for main in -lsocks5... no
configure: error: cannot find -lsocks5 library
[jason at nibbler lftp-4.7.2]$

ive looked and cant seem to figure out where to download the libsocks
stuff? I found 1 post on the innernets that said that its integrated in
the kernel?
How can I get this compiled with socks(5) support?

Jason