[CentOS] Need advice with a "hot running" graphics card

Tue Jun 7 22:06:45 UTC 2016
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

Please ignore this. After further research, it is likely a fan problem
with my old card. :(
Time for an upgrade!

The proprietary radeon driver is not available for the current version
of X.org distributed with 6.8.

On 06/06/2016 01:42 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Hello all--
>
> I have a old Radeon HD 2400 graphics card in my desktop connected by DVI
> to my monitor.
>
> It may be my imagination but it seems that since upgrading to 6.8
> recently, after about 4 hours of use, my system seems to run "hot". I
> don't think its the man power until but maybe the graphics card? I found
> references to odd/high power consumption with radeons an particular
> kernel/radeon versions.
>
> And, now I find this old post:
> http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17948
>
> So 6.8 is 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.i686
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

MzK

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
                    -- Sigmund Freud