[CentOS] remote backup

Thu Jun 9 15:18:03 UTC 2016
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Il 07/06/2016 21:35, Keith Keller ha scritto:
> On 2016-06-04, Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i've need to backup a partition of ~200GB with a local connection of 8/2
>> mbps.
>>
>> Tool like bacula, amanda can't help me due to low bandwidth in local server.
>>
>> I'm thinking rsync will be a good choice.
>
> If you want pseudo-snapshots (not real point-in-time snapshots) you can
> use rsnapshot or backuppc, both of which use rsync under the hood.  You
> get the advantages of rsync along with having an archive of previous
> backups.
>
> --keith

Thank you for your reply and sorry for late.

My needs is only get a copy of large dataset a make sure that it is not
broken after transfer. After transfer, this data will be stored on local
backup server where there is bacula installation.

For file transfer, to save time and bandwidth I will use rsync but I
don't know how to check if those file will be corrupted.

How I can perform this check?
I can make an md5 for each file but for a great number of file this can
be a problem.

Thanks in advance.