[CentOS] Pulling in broadwell support for cent6u5

Wed Jun 15 21:56:42 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 6/15/2016 2:48 PM, jsl6uy js16uy wrote:
> Hello, all. Hope all is well
> Is it possible to install kernel and support files from 6u7 into a base 6u5
> image to achieve full broadwell support in 6u5?
> We are "locked", clearly not fully since willing to up jump kernels, on 6u5.

"Locked", meaning you're running a ~3 old OS with no security or bugfix
updates?    thats not good.

All centos 6 systems are the same base version 2.6.32 kernel, with fixes
and updates backported.   If you're asking, can you run the 2.6.32-573
kernel with a 6u5 everything-else, well, everything else was never
tested with that kernel.