[CentOS] yum timeout ... (CentOS 6.8)

Thu Jun 16 19:50:23 UTC 2016
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

On 16.06.2016 21:39, Ned Slider wrote:

> On 16/06/16 19:41, Walter H. wrote:
>> On 16.06.2016 19:40, Frank Cox wrote:
>>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:34:09 +0200
>>> Walter H. wrote:
>>> yum -disableplugin=fastestmirror nowseewhathappens.
>>>

>> yes this goes fast, no timeout;
>> can I configure this in /etc/yum.conf?
>>

> The correct way to disable a yum plugin is to set enabled to zero in
> the plugin config file:
>
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
ok I did this, and then did some yum install - works without timeout
where could I tell yum to use existing mirrors in my near instead of one
on the other side of the world?

in this config I saw remarked the following:

#include_only=.nl,.de,.uk,.ie

when I set enabled=1 and removed the #-comment on this line
'yum list kernel'
shows this:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Determining fastest mirrors
epel/metalink
| 8.6 kB     00:00
  * base: ftp.usf.edu
Including mirror: archive.linux.duke.edu
Including mirror: mirror.unl.edu
  * epel: archive.linux.duke.edu
  * extras: ftp.usf.edu
  * updates: ftp.usf.edu