[CentOS] CentOS 6 + nux-dextop: GIMP vs. GIMP 2.8 ?

Tue Jun 21 12:33:18 UTC 2016
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

On 06/21/2016 01:50 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just setup a CentOS 6 desktop with the nux-dextop repository activated.
>
> When installing GIMP (yum install gimp), I get a gimp package as well as
> a gimp28 package. I understand this is the Nux-Dextop GIMP 2.8 package.
> Unfortunately this doesn't work so well with my system. It's not
> localized (menus appear in english, though the system is in French), the
> main GTK theme (Murrina Gilouche) is not managed and the application has
> that ugly east german look like in the good old GTK1 days, and there are
> two redundant menu entries, one of which is not responsive.
>
> I'd like to be able to install the plain "official" GIMP 2.6 application
> on my system, but when I try to 'yum remove gimp28', it takes the whole
> GIMP stuff down the drain with it.
>
> Note: I'm already using the Yum Priorities plugin. Official repos (base,
> updates and extra) are configured with a priority of 1, the other stuff
> (epel, adobe, nux-dextop) has a priority of 10.

This is strange.
"yum install gimp" should install gimp and its deps, not gimp28.
"yum remove gimp28" should remove gimp28 and anyone depending on it, not
gimp or "gimp stuff" (assuming you are not talking about "gimp stuff"
from nux's repo that actually requires gimp 2.8).

What exactly is this gimp stuff you're talking about? Can you list those
packages?