[CentOS] CentOS 6 + nux-dextop: GIMP vs. GIMP 2.8 ?

Tue Jun 21 13:12:06 UTC 2016
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 21/06/2016 à 14:33, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg a écrit :
> This is strange.
> "yum install gimp" should install gimp and its deps, not gimp28.
> "yum remove gimp28" should remove gimp28 and anyone depending on it, not
> gimp or "gimp stuff" (assuming you are not talking about "gimp stuff"
> from nux's repo that actually requires gimp 2.8).
>
> What exactly is this gimp stuff you're talking about? Can you list those
> packages?

First of all, thank you everybody for your quick response.

I just found out why gimp28 has been installed alongside gimp. That's
because 'yum search gimp' lists all packages: those from [base] as well
as those from [nux-dextop]. Now if I install an additional plugin like
ufraw-plugin that depends on gimp28, the latter gets also installed.

The solution I found was to simply add this to nux-dextop.repo:

exclude=*gimp*

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat