[CentOS] [OT] security bug with firefox and add-on

Wed Mar 9 18:46:37 UTC 2016
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:38 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> greets.
>
> tho this is off-topic for this list, it is still a bug that centos users
> along with all users of firefox should be aware of.

What version of CentOS and Firefox?

> due to nature of bug and what is involved, i believe it safer to not go
> into great details in an open list. never know which 'hats' are subscribed
> to support list. :-D
>
> so my question is just who should i inform of problem?
>
> mozilla.org? author of add-on? cve.mitre.org? all 3?

Author of the add-on would be my first stop.

If it turns out to be a larger bug affecting more than just that add-on,
hopefully the add-on author will run it up the chain to Mozilla.

> tia.
>

> --
> peace out.
>
> If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
>  ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
> -+-
> in a world with out fences, who needs gates.
>
> CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7
>
> tc,hago.

> .

Mike