[CentOS] Problems with ProxyPass to a local ip (using SSL)

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:31:43 UTC 2016

On 02/29/2016 05:19 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> But I am doing some mistakes because every time I'm receiving a loop error.
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.5:444>
> 	ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.5:5100/
> 	ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.5:5100/
> 	RewriteEngine On
> 	RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://myweb01.local.domain:444/$1 [R,L]
> </VirtualHost>
>
>   As you can see, I need to do a redirection to port 5100 from 444 port and protect it using ssl.

I think you need to figure out whether you want to proxy those requests
or rewrite them.  You can't reasonably do both.

If you want to keep them SSL protected, then you don't need the rewrite
rule at all.  Drop it.  Right now, you're redirecting clients to the
same URL that they loaded to begin with, which is why your client is
warning you about a loop.