[CentOS] RasPi 3.x and RH-based Distro (Slightly OT)

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Mar 2 12:40:40 UTC 2016

On 29/02/16 18:59, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> With the release of the Rasberry Pi 3.x, I think we have a platform I could
> jump on board with. Performance has just been lacking until now!
>
> But I really don't want to jump the "RH ship" - I'd rather stick with an
> environment I am comfortable in.
>
> Can anybody comment here on the best way to run RHEL/Fedora/CentOS on a RasPi,
> or if there's even a useful port?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben S

Well, I generated a test image (that I wasn't able to test myself until
now, as my Rpi3 just showed up today) yesterday and I posted the
announce/call for testers on the arm-dev list (see
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2016-March/001680.html)

Machine boots fast, but wifi doesn't work, so probably need some binary
blob/firmware from broadcom (yeah, unfortunately ....) but can probably
be done (I'll have to investigate, or someone else).
So long story short : feel free to join the fun on the arm-dev list and
participate in helping CentOS on armhfp :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab