[CentOS] OpenSSL Update - not a security update???

Mark Milhollan mlm at pixelgate.net
Wed Mar 2 16:42:45 UTC 2016

I understand that some people might be trying to cherry-pick their
updates and the assertion that doing so is not supported.  But that is
not the only way in which --security can be used and it is a bit boring
to continually see whining about the assumptive use.

For me it is about scheduling -- it would answer the question: Does this
system need updating immediately, vs scheduled for / deferred until a
convenient time.

I wish --security was functional and I do not accept that because it can
be abused that it should therefore never be.  That CentOS as yet has no
way to make it functional is sad, and I hope that the lack is not due to
the assumed use resulting in it being ignored.

/mark