[CentOS] problem restoring ssl and vlc

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 2 18:27:35 UTC 2016

Steve,  thank you for reply. it made my long night shorter.

On 03/02/2016 05:40 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
<<>>
--

--

never used '-V'.

"one is never too old to learn something new". and i am one of those 'one'.

--

that is one nice page to bring understanding of verify.

your reply has brought brought an end to my 'watch word', perseverance.
having always persevered in what i do, this is one time that a command
option has convinced me that i need to wipe a partition and reinstall.

there were close to 2K lines of missing dependencies which is close to
the number of packages installed.

there is now much doubt that i would have been able to repair system
without a lot time and aggravation.

all this does prove one thing, i need to check my biorhythms more often.

biorhythm 2016-0302:
  emotional -85% rising,  physical +90% rising,  intellectual + 8% falling

  http://www.degraeve.com/bio.php

my biorhythm plots are not 100%, but they have proved out about 75% of
time.

btw, i am using my laptop at this time as i no longer trust my desktop. ;-)

now pulling 6.7 netinstall. next is to copy grub.conf and fstab
to ~/geo. after, i will copy /home partition so i can resize '/'
partition and move extended partition down on drive. re-sizing '/' is
because of another -% intellectual day and i made '/' 80GB. :-)

again, i thank you very much for your reply. it was of great help and
will make this day more enjoyable.

take care, have a good one.

--

peace out.

--
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.