[CentOS] [Solved][not really] 6.7 netinstall fails at insert cd to continue

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 4 22:27:33 UTC 2016

--

yes. made no diff.

--

i have, and why i pulled both netinstall and live dvd.

what i went thru:

after having retried cd in sata drive and repeat of failure, i created
a usb drive on laptop.

started install from usb drive. all was well until finished assigning
partitions and oking format, 'disc not found' again. selected usb as
disk sdd9 [usb ports are sdd] and clicking format, 'disc not found'
again.

<ctrl+alt+delete>, held system at media select, burned a second cd with
netinstall iso.

inserted a netinstall cd in both drives, usb stick in usb port.

1st attempt was from sata cd drive failed with 'disc not found', tried
selecting cd drive, failed. tried selecting usb cd drive, failed. tried
selecting usb stick, failed as above.

2nd attempt was from usb cd drive, failed. tried selecting sata drive,
failed. tried selecting usb drive, failed. tried selecting usb stick,
failed.

3rd attempt was from usb stick, failed as above. when thru all selecting
from all as above, failed.

<ctrl+alt+delete>, held system at media select, burned a dvd with
live dvd iso. when i pulled netinstall iso, i also pulled live dvd,
just to have if needed. cyoa. :-D

put live dvd in sata cd drive, selected install from boot menu, so i
now have 6.6 on desktop.

i do not consider such as solving problem, but it was a solution. ((GBWG))

thank you for your replying.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.