[CentOS] 6.7 netinstall fails at insert cd to continue

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Sun Mar 6 20:48:16 UTC 2016

> Date: Saturday, March 05, 2016 22:27:36 -0600
> From: g <geleem at bellsouth.net>
>
> what got bombed was originally installed as 4.5 via dvd. so i have
> not had 'joy' of knowing the problems of a fresh install in a while.
>
> i am glad to say that by chance, day before problems i did run a
> 'yum list installed'. i am about 40% of getting system back to where
> it was.
>
> is there an easy way of running yum from a list instead of entering
> package names? entering names in groups of 5 to avoid problems is a
> bit slow.
>
> something else interesting about fresh install, i installed 6.5
> dvd1 on my laptop without any problems.

You may want to look at the yum "shell" option (man yum-shell).

The dvd iso and netinstall approaches are very different. The dvd has
everything while netinstall assumes you pull the packages from
somewhere. If I'm doing more than one machine I always pull all the
packages to a local machine and use that for my netinstll source.