[CentOS] CentOS 7, ctrl-alt-bksp

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Mar 8 03:53:03 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 09:12:25PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 08:58:06PM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:

> You used to be able to do it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but not sure if it
> still works.
>

> Section "ServerFlags"
>     Option "DontZap" "false"
> EndSection
>
> I see stackexchange adds
>
> ection "InputClass"
>     Identifier      "Keyboard Defaults"
>     MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
>     Option          "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
> EndSection
>
> Also, at least with the more minimalist window managers (I usually use
> either Openbox or dwm) one can also use ctl+alt+F<whatever>, get to a
> console and do sudo pkill X.

And... I just found this on worldofgnome.org:

	Using Xinitrc

	Xinitrc is read by xinit and is been executed when we (desktops) start X.

	Create a new file (if not exists):

	gedit ~/.xinitrc

	Add

	setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp

	$ setxkbmap ...
	will set the changes on the fly.

	Restart X to apply changes. Logout/Login.