[CentOS] Can anyone compile mtr source RPM on CentOS 6.7?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 12:11:56 UTC 2016

On 8 March 2016 at 10:07, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 08.03.2016 um 01:50 schrieb Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>:
> > I'm not surprised, given that it is in the repo. That's why I was asking
> > if anyone tried building it themselves and, if so, did they have the
> > same issue as I describe below?
> >
> > Alternatively, any tips/advice on solving my build issue would be
> helpful.
>

> what says /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.gu9Ds0?
>
> all dependencies installed?

No need to check that .... the error is clear "make: *** No rule to make
target `install'.  Stop." ... that mini Makefile he posted doesn't include
an install: section

Of course what the OP is missing is *that* makefile does not get used.

In the tarball there is a Makefile.in that gets processed into the actual
makefile by ./configure (well %configure in the spec but you get the point)

So we come back round the houses to the key point - Digimer what are you
*actually* trying to do?

You obviously aren't building from the spec in that src.rpm or using mock
as those have configure which would generate the valid makefile with the
make install target... so what are you doing and what do you want to
achieve?

The %install phase you posted is really not of interest to your 'problem'
but rather the %build phase would be telling.