[CentOS] centos7+lightdm : no /almost no login screen

johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be

Tue Mar 8 14:44:51 UTC 2016

Hello All,

slightly unrelated because lightdm = epel, I know.

Still, maybe someone had the same issue.

When using the last two kernels, some machines give me trouble when installing Centos7 and Mate

One machine is basically an Asrock board, on this I get no login screen:

product: AD2550B-ITX
vendor: ASRock

*-display
product: Atom Processor D2xxx/N2xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
version: 0b
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz

Dell Optiplex 960 workstations: scrambled login screen

product: OptiPlex 960
vendor: Dell Inc.
width: 64 bits

*- display:0
product: 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
version: 03
width: 64 bits

up until kernel 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64 I had nog issues.

Greetings, J.

--

Johan Vermeulen
IT-medewerker