[CentOS] CentOS 7, systemd, nmcli, wifi, oh, my...

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:09:37 UTC 2016

On 03/21/2016 01:36 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I've been googling, but haven't come up with a satisfactory answer to the
> question of how I permanently turn off wifi on a workstation or server
> (which are*all*  hardwired).

I know you've brought this up before, though I can't find any instance
where you've specifically included the wifi related log entries.

However, on a quick look, I don't see any noise in any logs from CentOS
7 hosts.  All of the hosts I've checked use NetworkManager, and
NetworkManager-wifi is installed.  Have you considered that the noise in
your logs is there *because* you're removing NetworkManager components?
Maybe set up a test host with a default configuration, make changes
individually and slowly, and try to determine at what point the log
noise starts.