[CentOS] Very odd issue w/ a CentOS 6 system

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Mar 23 17:28:34 UTC 2016

Hi, Phil,

Phil Wyett wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 10:26 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Phil Wyett wrote:
>> <snip>
>> >
>> > What is the make/model of the card?
>> lspci says:
>> Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)

Let me add to that: lspci -s <loc> -vv gives me this
05:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: iTuner Spectra8 CardA Input0
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 32 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 40
        Region 0: Memory at d92f8000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
                No end tag found
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
        Kernel driver in use: bttv
        Kernel modules: bttv

>> > Are you supplying options when loading the bttv module?
>>
>> On and off, I've been googling to find if there's something I can tell
>> it,
>> or the kernel on boot. Currently, I have, in /etc/modprobe.d/bttv:
>> options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
>> options bttv gbuffers=16 card=98,98,98,98,98,98,98,98
>> radio=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 tuner=4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 chroma_agc=1 combfilter=2
>> full_luma_range=1 coring=1
<snip>

> The options line 1 is used widely and only worth changing if all else
> fails.

Ok, thanks.

> The second options line option of combfilter by docs indicate there is
> no 2 option and is enabled by default, so you can remove that option to
> test.
>
> I would enable two possible compatibility options and see if that helps.
>
> triton1=0/1 - for Triton1 (+others) compatibility.
>
> vsfx=0/1 - yet another chipset bug compatibility bit
>
> The triton1 insmod option sets the EN_TBFX bit in the control register.
> The vsfx insmod option does the same for EN_VSFX bit. If you have
> stability problems you can try if one of these options makes your box
> work solid.
>
> Source: http://xawdecode.sourceforge.net/aideUS/htmlpage/BTTV-param.htm

Thanks very much. I'll try those as I have the chance; unfortunately, it's
not something I can do frequently, as the server's in use, and exporting
project directories to users... oh, and it is actually running motion for
surveillance of the room...

       mark