[CentOS] C5 MySQL injection attack ("Union Select")

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Mar 24 15:00:45 UTC 2016

On 03/24/2016 07:33 AM, Always Learning wrote:
*snip*

> Thank you. That server is the last production server on C5. I need to
> shift it to C6 and Maria 10.
>
> I am 'always learning' security is a perpetual task. Thankfully I always
> read the daily logs and reports (an arduous task).
>
> Many thanks.

I would shift to CentOS 7.

Always deploy the latest version of CentOS unless you know something you
have absolutely will not work in it.

That's my philosophy.

That doesn't mean I upgrade as soon as a new version comes out, though I
frequently do simply because there are advantages with the new versions
of software.