[CentOS] firewalld question

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Mar 24 18:01:55 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I'n wondering if it is possible to have Centos-7 automatically change
firewall zones, depending on the network we conect to.

my default zone is "home" and it has some ports open that probably
shouldn't be open when I'm on someone elose's network.

so I'm thinking that if there's a way to have it always use home when
I'm at home, and external when I'm not, it would be great.

I see that firewall-cmd has a ton of options, but not sure which one(s)
I'd need for switching. (I see one for setting default zone, but I didn't
see one for setting current zone--maybe I'm blind).

I'm also not at all sure how to invoke it at a proper time,... perhaps
some udev rules?

anyone got any wisdom they can drop on me?

thanks!

                         God made him who had no sin
                      to be sin for us, so that in him
                 we might become the righteousness of God."