[CentOS] Re: www.centos.org/forums/

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Fri Mar 25 16:22:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:50, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Stop paranoia? Tlsv1.0 is not recommended when storing credit card data.
>
> Eero
> Hi List,
>
> Does anyone know why the above URL is still using TLS V1.0.
>
> I can't connect to it unless I enable TLS V1.0 which I was under the
> impression that it should not be used
> anymore.
>
> Thanks for any enlightenment.
>
> Steve

@Eero: IMHO you are missing some points here. There are more and more
browsers that are unable to use SSL{2,3} as well as TLS1.0, not just
disabled via config, but this decission was made at compile time.
Newer Android and Apple-iOS devices for example.

And the point is not that the site supports TLS1.0, but that it does
not support TLS1.1 and/or TLS 1.2, and as such is incassessible
to devices that ask for TLS1.1 as minimum for HTTPS.

But that is for the admins/webmasters of the servers to resolve.

  - Yamaban