[CentOS] Mingw64 GtkLauncher.exe Crashes

Tony Kubalak

apk at cray.com
Sat Mar 26 00:01:53 UTC 2016

I have successfully installed the cross compiled dll's and other files supplied by centos 7 on a
machine running Windows 7.  When I run GtkLauncher.exe it comes up with the google page displayed.
However, when I try to view "http://www.msnbc.com" Gtklauncher crashes in libjavascriptcore.dll at
offset 0xa4944.  nfl.com comes up, but then crashes in the same place.

My questions are:

1.  Can anyone else successfully bring up these web sites in GtkLauncher.exe?

2.  If not, is this a known problem and is there a fix?

3.  If these sites can be viewed, then there is probably something in my environment that is not
correct.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what might cause my behavior?  What about fonts or pango
stuff?

I used "Dependency Walker" and objdump of libjavascriptcore.dll on Windows and the offset looks like
it is in the function "cti_vm_handle_exception".  Unfortunately this doesn't tell me where the
exception occurred.

I then ran it in gdb and got two stack frames.  gdb said the stack was corrupted.  The two stack
addresses that I got pointed to the same area, but not exactly.  The first frame on the stack looked
like it was in some exception code.  The second one was in some long function that started with
"_ZN3JSC3JIT26privateCompileGetByIdChainEPNS_17...".

I appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone has.  Or at least a pointer to somewhere or one
that might have an idea about this.

Thanks.

Tony

Tony Kubalak