[CentOS] Keep the politics out, please?

Mon Mar 7 22:35:58 UTC 2016
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

With this post, I run the risk of causing more of the thing that I speak
against. I still think it's important to say it.

CentOS mailing list is a technical forum. It is not a political forum.

Just reading a thread on bitcoins and the entire thread quickly turned into a
political thread with people bitching about everything from Chase Bank to the
Russians, and that's just crap. Wildly inappropriate. If you don't like
Bitcoins, you should just not reply because you aren't going to use the
Bitcoin software.

This is a forum to discuss CentOS and issue about CentOS, using CentOS,
building desirable software on CentOS, and the like.

If you want to bitch about Chase bank, go to Reddit.com/r/politics or
something where you can weigh in your heartfelt opinions in a forum where you
don't just piss off everybody else there.

Ben