[CentOS] IPv6 on CentOS-6 - IPTables

Tue Mar 8 14:34:45 UTC 2016
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

It appears likely that within the next two quarters we will be moving
off of our IPv4 class C's and onto a single IPv6 /40 for our sites.

We have a fairly complex IPTables setup which handles our gateways and
internal hosts.  My question is just how much effort is involved in
moving these rules from IPv4 to IPv6?  Are there elements in one that
are not available in the other?  Are there any fundamental
incompatibilites?  Does anyone have a good reference to a case history
of moving from one to the other?

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3