[CentOS] power management / tuned following external power source

Tue Mar 8 19:59:20 UTC 2016
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

<>

--

do not know about 'tuned-adm', i presume you added it, or it is
centos 7.x. therefore i can not reply to your questions, other than

with centos 6.7 and kde desktop on my laptop, i use the power control
setting provided by;

  system settings > advanced > power management

with this, i am able to config settings to handle about all conditions,
including 'power save mode' and no external power.

having recently purchased a new 6600 mAH battery, i am curious as to
just how long laptop will run 'off mains' before i get a notice and
have to recharge. so far, my longest run is around 4 hrs, with time
left. i do not recall what % battery icon showed.

selectable settings are;

  powersave     performance     aggressive powersave
  xtreme powersave     presentation

each 'type' also has selection for action to apply.

so, if you are running kde, i will suggest checking out the provided
'power management' control,

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.