[CentOS] Any experiences with newer WD Red drives?

Wed Mar 2 04:21:55 UTC 2016
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 3/2/16, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> any chance your SATA cables aren't up to SATA3 (6gbps) performance levels ?

The cables came with the SuperMicro board so I certainly hope they
haven't started cheapening out on those :D

In any case, the cables shouldn't be the problem because I swapped
other drives (SSD and HSGT HDD) into the same drive bay, swapped
cables as well as put the Red into 3 different drive bays/SATA
cables/ports without any improvement. Both the SSDs I tried were able
to hit around 450Mbps sequential write speed which is around the
general ballpark performance from online sites so that should
eliminate cabling/connection as the source.