[CentOS] 6.7 netinstall fails at insert cd to continue

Mon Mar 7 04:15:32 UTC 2016
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Sunday, March 06, 2016 21:32:15 -0600
> From: g <geleem at bellsouth.net>
>
> On 03/06/16 19:19, Richard wrote:
>>> Date: Sunday, March 06, 2016 17:12:24 -0600
>>> From: g <geleem at bellsouth.net>
>>> On 03/06/16 14:48, Richard wrote:
>>> <<>>
>>>>
>>> interesting.
>>>
>>> would you presume that something like this might run?
>>>
>>>   yum-shell install < pkg-list.file
>>>
>> Read the man page. What you are suggesting is not how it works.
>>
> --
>
> i read the 'man yum-shell' and that is what brought me to the
> question.
>
> have you tried "yum-shell install < pkg-list.file" and know for a
> fact that such will not work?

"shell" is a yum command, invoked as shown below. I don't believe
there is any program called "yum-shell" (even though that is the man
page reference).

   shell   Is used to enter the 'yum shell', when a filename is
           specified the contents of that file is executed in
           yum shell mode. See yum-shell(8) for more info.

   SYNOPSIS
       yum shell [filename]

The contents of the file need to be standard yum-acceptable lines.
I.e., the lines of a package list would need to be edited to include
"install " and/or input continuation characters, etc.