[CentOS] centos7+lightdm : no /almost no login screen

Tue Mar 8 17:33:04 UTC 2016
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 03:44:51PM +0100, johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> slightly unrelated because lightdm = epel, I know.
>

> Still, maybe someone had the same issue.
>

> When using the last two kernels, some machines give me trouble when installing Centos7 and Mate

What exactly is the issue? I don't see where you've said what is wrong.

I use Mate on C7, so maybe I can understand if you can be more specific.

Fred

> One machine is basically an Asrock board, on this I get no login screen:

> product: AD2550B-ITX
> vendor: ASRock
>
> *-display
> product: Atom Processor D2xxx/N2xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
> vendor: Intel Corporation
> physical id: 2
> bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
> version: 0b
> width: 32 bits
> clock: 33MHz
>

> Dell Optiplex 960 workstations: scrambled login screen

> product: OptiPlex 960
> vendor: Dell Inc.
> width: 64 bits
>
> *- display:0
> product: 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
> vendor: Intel Corporation
> physical id: 2
> bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
> version: 03
> width: 64 bits
>

> up until kernel 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64 I had nog issues.
>

> Greetings, J.
>
> Johan Vermeulen
> IT-medewerker

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.