[CentOS] Centos and automatic update on server

Fri Mar 11 18:55:12 UTC 2016

Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> Hi list, I know that there are automatic update with yum-cron but never
> tried.
> In my experiences I never did automatic backup because if update was
> broken
> my installation will be broken and I wait some time before apply update.
> Today seems to be that automatic update are used more than before.
> What do you think about automatic update? It is a good practice on a
> server? What is your experiences?

1. Under *NO* *CIRCUMSTANCES* would I *ever* have that running on
    a production machine. That's what test boxes are for.
2. If it was my own machine at home, thanks, but I want to wake up,
    or come home, to a guaranteed working system. I'll update, so
I can always undo.