[CentOS] CentOS 7, systemd, nmcli, wifi, oh, my...

Wed Mar 23 15:03:42 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 03/21/2016 04:50 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> wifi on a server?!?    never ever seen such a thing.

I actually have, for a remote, solar-powered setup where there was no
fiber or other infrastructure to the system.  Server was a sensor
platform.  But networking is networking, regardless of the particular
layer 1 in use.

> and any wifi on a desktop workstation that I've ever seen has been on
> a pci-e card.

I'm running a few workstation setups with USB WiFi NICs.  These are
again due to some odd infrastructure restrictions where running cable
(UTP/ScTP or fiber) was impractical or cost-prohibitive.  Or in one case
where cable simply could not be run at any price due to not being able
to disturb properly encapsulated asbestos.