[CentOS] C5 MySQL injection attack ("Union Select")

Thu Mar 24 14:48:56 UTC 2016

Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> On Wed, March 23, 2016 10:21 pm, Always Learning wrote:
>> mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.95, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
>> readline 5.1
<snip>>
> Indeed. There are several flaws in how mysql handles data. This is why to

Ok, do you have a link or two to info about that?

> the best of my ability I am trying to avoid mysql, and use postgresql if
> whatever chunk of software I need is designed to work also with
> postgresql. And I recommend developers I work with/for the same (to use

We seem to be moving to postgresql. I find I do not like it - it's much
more of a pain to work with than mysql is. Do you have any opinions about
meria d/b? Are there improvements over the flaws you're aware of with
mysql?
<snip>

        mark