[CentOS] C5 MySQL injection attack ("Union Select")

Thu Mar 24 18:15:45 UTC 2016

John,

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 3/24/2016 7:48 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> We seem to be moving to postgresql. I find I do not like it - it's much
>> more of a pain to work with than mysql is. Do you have any opinions
>> about meria d/b? Are there improvements over the flaws you're aware
>> of with mysql?
>
> and I find mysql a real pain to work with.
>
> the biggest difference is, postgresql is much stricter about data
> types.   it will not, for example, allow you to store 2015-02-30 as a
> date.   also, postgres is very strict about the atomicity of
> transactions, its all or nothing.

And I have serious issues trying to figure out the structure of, say, the
barios d/b. But I did NOT ask for a comparison to postgresql, or care to
have any kind of argument about it at all. I was asking about mariadb vs.
mysql.

Oh, and the link I posted, to MySQL gotchas, that was last updated in '14?
I tried emailing them, at the link they gave, and my email bounced.

        mark
       mark