[CentOS] E-mail advice sought

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Sun May 1 12:41:51 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-05-01 at 10:57 +0200, Leon Fauster wrote:

> blacklisting is not a good practice, use the suggested whitelist ...

I disagree from practical experience. My Exim mail servers (MTAs)
refused connections from 'amateur' mail senders such as:-

	*dynamic.163data.com.cn

	*airtelbroadband.in
	*adsl.alicedsl.de
	*dynamic.se.alltele.net
	*alshamil.net.ae
	*adsl.anteldata.net.uy
	*aphie.info
	*pools.arcor-ip.net
	*static.arcor-ip.net
	*as9105.com
	*as13285.net
	*as43234.net

	et cetera

and from professional spammers

	*compute.amazonaws.com
	*isp.att.net
	*bmsend.com
	*chtah.com
	*chtah.net
	*descene.org
	*dmdelivery.com
	*dnsinspect.com
	*edmspread.com
	*emsmtp.com
	*emsmtp.us
	*everydayedeals.com

	et cetera

My philosophy is not to be a willing victim of spam and other unwanted
time-wasting junk. It is only when concerned citizens like Alice (in)
Wonder(land) critically re-examine the status quo, and the justification
for it, that things may improve.

Mankind never advances when there is no questioning of established
practises.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.