[CentOS] C6 Firefox 45.1 segmentation faults

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue May 3 17:07:08 UTC 2016

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 9:34 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>>> To add to your fun, let me present my wish list:
>>>
>>> mplayer-gui and libquicktime (latest version from PUIAS) and
>>> mlt >= 0.9.4
>>>
>> Ummm, NO. NOT the latter, under any circumstance... or hadn't you missed
>> the huge announcements that Apple would no longer support quicktime, and
>> every organization, at least here in the States, and all the trade
>> press, are saying uninstall quicktime yesterday!!!
<snip>>
> I hope this is your misunderstanding, Mark. I am talking about
> libquicktime from:
>
> http://libquicktime.sourceforge.net/
>
> Not Apple's quicktime.
>
> As seen in http://libquicktime.sourceforge.net/introduction.html,
> "libquicktime is in no way related to the original quicktime software,
> which can be found here (http://quicktime.apple.com/)".

I understood that it's not Apples (I wouldn't expect them to release an
rpm for us); however, I don't know that the team building libquicktime is
going to continue to upgrade and enhance, now that Apple's ended all
support for it, and everyone's being pushed, at least in all
organizations, to get rid of it, or if they might wind down the project;
that is why I was emphatic about not wanting it.

          mark