[CentOS] Regarding upgrade from CentOS .5.5 to CentOS 7

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu May 5 05:16:30 UTC 2016

On 05/05/16 01:13 AM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to upgrade from centOS 5.5 to CentOS 7 without losing the data.
>
> Is there any upgrade path available?
>
> or what is the proper way to do it without affecting the existing config?
>
> Thnaks for the help

So much changed from 5 to 7 that a re-install is almost certainly the
way to go. How exactly you port your config depends entirely on what
programs you are talking about.

The best idea is to create a virtual machine (or install centos 7 on
spare hardware), figure out how to configure the applications and the
process to restore the data from backups. Once you know what to do (and
have documented it), reinstall.

--
Digimer
access to education?