[CentOS] [MASSMAIL] Re: yum update (first in a long time) - /var/log/dovecot no longer used

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Fri May 6 14:18:03 UTC 2016

On Friday 06 May 2016 14:55:33 Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> Exactly. As I said in the first post (reply to which happened to hijack
> the thread - my apologies that was not intended by me), it was only
> intended to help those who are just about to make this step to really
> think about what it will entail. And thanks everybody who added their
> comments, they all do the same what I intended.
>
> Valeri

Unfortunately, the problem was that I didn't (know I) have a decision to make
regarding systemd or SysV.

My decision was   do I keep my system up to date (which it wasn't) or not.  I
am sure that I am no different to 90% of sysadmins who don't read all release
notes before every 'yum update' run.

I do have to concede that the update did update a great deal of RPM's and
probably some by a number of versions.  This no doubt is the reason I now
have a reasonable sized number of changes I need to deal with (including
keep_environment in EXIM, and journals moving on Dovecot )