[CentOS] OT: hardware: MegaCli and initializing a RAID

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Fri May 6 18:36:39 UTC 2016

Got a new box I'm trying to set up. I configured the RAID from the
firmware, but "fast initialize" was sitting there at 0% (it's about 43 or
45TB). The first time I tried this, I said background, and rebooted the
system.

And the stupid annoying alarm started up as the system came up.

This time, having *finally* figured out how to set up hot spares from the
WebBIOS, I suspended the fast initialization, and brought the system up.

Googling, I can't find a command to continue the initialization. Anyone
know of one, or is what I want to do rebuild the RAID?

       mark