[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat May 7 17:19:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, 7 May 2016, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> On 2016-05-06, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> Guys if you are using my repo on CentOS 6 then the new Firefox might
>> not like the old ffmpeg I ship.
>>
>> There is new and apparently working stuff in my testing repo; try to
>> upgrade and see if that solves the problem.  Feedback welcome so I can
>> move the testing packages in the main repo sooner, rather than later.
>>
>> yum --enablerepo=nux-dextop-testing update ffmpeg
>>
>> -- Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>
>> Nux!  www.nux.ro
>
> That fixed it for me. Many thanks.

My Firefox ESR 45.1.0 on CentOS 6 crashes a lot,
usually while I am scrolling.
So far as I can tell, I'm not using ffmpeg lately.
Is this still likely to help?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards