[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Bill Maltby (C4B) centos4bill at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:03:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 21:32 +0100, Nux! wrote:
> Guys if you are using my repo on CentOS 6 then the new Firefox might not like the old ffmpeg I ship.
>
> There is new and apparently working stuff in my testing repo; try to upgrade and see if that solves the problem.
> Feedback welcome so I can move the testing packages in the main repo sooner, rather than later.
>
> yum --enablerepo=nux-dextop-testing update ffmpeg

Installed on my box I normally remote into via RealVNC and gave it a
good woorkout (for me anyway).

Looks good. Couldn't yet test with a Flash video but did test with
whatever youtube is now providing.

Fired up all the FF windows and did things I normally do and a couple
extras - still looks good.

Only difference is the data feed from Investorshub isn't streaming live
data, but it did pring up the last of Friday's stuff in three tabs,
which is the normal weekend behavior.

I'm going to put it on my primary box now - I expect similar good
results.

Bill