[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat May 7 18:14:47 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 12:07 pm, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2016, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>

>> On Fri, May 6, 2016 1:54 pm, Jeff Layton wrote:
>>> Good afternoon,
>>>
>>> Apologies if this topic has come up before but I've found
>>> that the Firefox 45.1.0 stability to be somewhat lacking.
>>
>> <rant>
>> I've found that about Firefox in general some 5 years ago. Or rather
>> "releases" that seem never have been debugged before the release. But I
>> still have not found decent replacements for it. I've tried, trust me
>> ;-(
>> </rant>
>
> After years of FF changing things in not good ways (the current way the
> back
> button behaves was the last straw), I was finally able to switch to chrome
> on
> C-6 using the directions found @ http://chrome.richardlloyd.org.uk/
> (thanks to
> Richard Lloyd for figuring this out)
>
> It works so well I have not looked back. Is Chrome perfect, not at all BUT
> it
> is way more stable then FireFox has been for years now.

I usually include it into my rant, I forgot this time. No google chrome
for me, thank you very much. Nothing google to a degree possible. I don't
like my everything going to google (and NSA and whichever others)
databases. I know that 50% of my e-mail end up in googlemail anyway, like
this one definitely will, still...

Thanks for the hint though. It will help those who don't care to be
watched after like [those regimes all of us can name themselves]

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago