[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sun May 8 01:49:40 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 6:38 pm, Always Learning wrote:

> On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 16:44 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> Nux! wrote:
>> > Guys if you are using my repo on CentOS 6 then the new Firefox might
>> not
>> > like the old ffmpeg I ship.
>
>> Nope.
>>
>> Yes, I'm on CentOS 6, but as this is a US federal organization (civil
>> sector), I did ask, and was told no repos Over There. Security
>> issues....

The same (their answer I mean) will probably apply to CentOS itself, will
it? Where CentOS headquarters are situated, where CentOS team members
live? And the same will apply to majority of open source systems, many BSD
flavors will fall under the same category. My answer (to myself) is: I do
trust open source. Be it closed source, then the company ownership would
matter. But with open source, developers situated in Russia (where the KGB
is which I'm awfully scared of) have my full trust as the ones living in
US (where NSA is situated which I'm scared of no less). I though have no
idea if at all I would be able to find right argument when told something
by government bureaucrats.

Valeri

> Romania has been a EU member State since 1 January 2007.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Paul.
> England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago
Phone: 773-702-4247